Nebraska high school sports continue to inch closer to reality as the summer goes on. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Nebraska Schools Activities Association (NSAA) says it is going forward with a plan to play fall sports as scheduled.
In a statement released Monday afternoon, it was announced that all falls sports would begin practices on August 10 along with multiple recommendations for each school to follow. Those include:
- Keep all activities, practices, and scrimmages in-house to avoid interaction with other teams
- Wear masks when not in competition
- Keep groups small and attendance recorded
- Wash your hands regularly
- Disinfect equipment regularly
- Stay home if you someone doesn’t feel well
- Stay home if someone in a person’s household tests positive for COVID-19
After canceling all spring sports earlier this year, the NSAA allowed high school teams to host summer camps, clinics and leagues that began on June 18.
Monday’s announcement came just hours after California suspended all high school sports until December or January.